Thursday, December 11, 2008

Really?

You know having ACL reconstructive surgery is frustrating as hell. It really is! I mean by all comparisons it's not nearly as bad as the aftermath and surgeries I went through after my accident in Oct. '04; but in some ways it's worse. Now I know my friends in Charlotte would be screaming right now :) especially after all the number of hours they spent with me in the hospital.

However, the main difference for me is that I can't do anything I want. I can't drive, hike, go target shooting with my friends at Uwharrie this month, etc., etc. When I was in the hospital in '04 my whole body was shot and there was no going anywhere. I can go places this time and it's frustrating to see everyone else doing all the things I love to do! AND to top it off when I visited my surgeon yesterday there was a guy waiting who had surgery on the same day as me; HE'S WALKING!!!!! Damn, how can that be?!?!?!? He isn't even using crutches and hasn't used them ever.

I know, I know; it sounds like I'm whining and maybe I am just a little bit; but I thought since no one else wanted to listen I could at least write it here.

Stay tuned for more to come, hopefully as the days go on I'll be stronger. :)

No comments: