Monday, December 15, 2008

Today...

Well, another day has gone by in coping with the ACL surgery after-effects. I am working on bending the knee more than 90 degrees so my therapist will be happy with me; and so maybe I can sleep in peace at night. It's amazing how anyone gets any rest remaining stationary at night. I don't know how anyone does it! I toss & turn and then of course wake up cause I have moved my knee in some pretzel-like direction it's just not ready to go yet.

But, I found this great website though called ACL Solutions which I highly recommend to anyone who is going to have or is recovering from this type of surgery. It's been really helpful to me & I have even passed the site on to my therapist; Sharon.

The other day my therapist assistant, Kierstin, said once I can do 30 leg raises I can start walking without crutches. I have successfully done this several times at home, so keep your fingers crossed that I can do it tomorrow.

Most importantly, I am excitedly looking forward to driving again. I have even more evidence that I am a control freak cause I have decided I don't like the way anyone else drives when I am in the car! I often find myself hitting on imaginary brakes on the passenger side of the car; so in the best interest of my husband and my friends I need to start driving soon; although that date isn't until 1/11/09.

1 comment:

GinSpaghetti said...

Note to self, don't drive her anywhere. hahaha