Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Yummy Cookies

Okay, so thanks to my friend Cory & his girlfriend, Amanda; I love pumpkin cookies. I think they are the best cookies ever! So I have searched the internet for a receipe that sounds as delicious as their cookies were. I sure hope so, I think I could have eaten a whole batch of those cookies!

Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
If you like pumpkin or fall or warm spiced tea or orange leaves or a brisk walk - you will LOVE these cookies. If you're looking for healthy, go somewhere else. These are not it, but they are good!

Caners Pumpkin Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup cooked pumpkin
1 Tbsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon (I usually add about 5)
1/2 tsp salt**optional - I usually add a tsp or so of ginger or nutmeg just to shake it up.

Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, pumpkin, egg - not too much. Just enough. In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients. Add slowly to the butter mixture. Be careful not to over mix. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes @ 350˚F. Voila!

**these cookies are meant to be slightly soft and moist. Do not overbake. Add cranberries if you're looking for a twist.**

1 comment:

GinSpaghetti said...

Hmm, I don't think this is like theirs... mom makes some and this is very similar. Try it and see though... but I think this is the one where you dollop them out and they bake in a funky shape. We need Amanda's famous recipe!!!! Or just on-demand cookies, YUM!!! :D