Monday, April 27, 2009

Memorable Weekend

This past weekend was a lot of fun. It started out with my husband going to prom. Yes you heard me correctly he went to prom; he even asked me to go; but there was no way I was heading out to spend my evening with all those high schoolers hormones in overdrive!

(Looking thrilled to head to prom!)

But on Saturday I played with friends at the Kayakalon; which unfortunately I don't have any pics here but you can check out my slideshow of the day. We had a great time, gorgeous weather and our teams placed 1st, 4th, 5th & 9th; so all four in the Top Ten!

Afterwards I rolled in to my fun job at GOPC and hung out with my peeps! lol It actually was a perfect day; even if I did have to spend some of it indoors, at least it was in the heat of the day. I played around with my new camera getting shots of everyone at the shop.


(Corey and Sadler heading out for the day. Lucky dogs!)

So on Sunday my husband and I visted some friends because they are going to buy some property and start an Eco-commune (I am fascinated by this idea). Anyway, they asked for Lu's opinion on the land and it was beautiful!

and my dogs had a great time playing in the marsh.

(Ridge cooling off in the muddy water!)

(Rogue appearing stealthy as she pounces over a log!)

So given the state of the dogs afterwards we had to go for a walk to dry them off. There was no way I was letting them in the back of Bob's Jeep looking the way they did.

My friend Spaghetti would have had a heart attack if she had seen how muddy they were. So you guessed it! Last night was bathtime at my place. But they had fun and that's what having a dog is for. :) We had a great weekend and it was such gorgeous weather here, in the 80's and sunny. Definitely a great weekend for being outside.

4 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

C'mon now... prom would have been a BLAST!!! Luke got stood up!? :(

~CC~ said...

No he didn't get stood up I just decided not to go. Too many crazy teens for me.

Bagman and Butler said...

As for me, I've always preferred rolling in mud with dogs over getting dressed up and going out.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! One of your dogs looks like my daughters dog I think by the photo. I have a photo of the dog on my blog if you want to see!