Monday, April 13, 2009

Long Weekend

Man I was so grateful to have a long weekend and was determined to have some fun and get some sleep. Finding myself somewhat single again means I am having a hard time adjusting to sleeping alone; by alone I mean just me and my two dogs. I often find myself going to bed closer to midnight; which this is late for someone who wants to be up between 6-6:30.

Okay, I digress; this post is all about my long weekend and the fun I had. Thursday night I stopped by the shop to drop off an Easter basket for Nola; she belongs to my friend Spaghetti and is her only child at this point, but don't tell Spaghetti she's a dog. :) So while at the shop we ran in to a friend and decided to go hiking on Friday morning, damn there went my morning of sleeping in. BUT, we had a great time; it was definitely worth not sleeping in for. The morning was a bit cool but after being on the trail for about an hour things warmed up and we had a blast. My dog Turbo loved pulling my friend G around on his leash all morning. Thank God for G; you saved my knee. After being pulled around by a 45 lbs dog I think it'd have been mush by the end of the 6 mile hike (Spaghetti & I both agree it was closer to 6 than the 5 miler G claims). For the awesome swamp pics and beach pics check out Spaghetti's photos, I didn't take my camera because I knew she'd take tons of pics. By Friday night I was wiped out and even more determined to sleep in on Saturday. Keep an eye out for Turbo's video debut anytime, he was hilarious digging in the wet sand and diving into the water.

Saturday came and again, no sleeping in cause I was determined to go to the farmers market and get my place in order after having new carpet put in. Saturday was all about getting stuff done but it was so gorgeous I figure if I had to be running errands I couldn't have picked a more gorgeous day. Besides by Saturday afternoon I came home, curled up on my couch and took a nap; which I never do. Naps just aren't my thing but the couch looked so inviting. I dined on some yummy cilantro lasagne that night cooked by Spaghetti; she hated it but I thought it was delicious!

Sunday came and yes I DID SLEEP IN! I didn't get up until 10:00 and just in time to get a text from my friend S to go to brunch and play Rock Band. How could I pass that up? And then I took my pups to the off leash dog park and they went spastic since it has finally dried up enough to no be a swamp. Good times, good times... were had by all.

So, all in all it was a great weekend. If only I could have one more day...

3 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

I could use another day if no-one knew I was home and I didn't have to work on a honey-do list and could just blog. I'm actually overjoyed to be back at work.

GinSpaghetti said...

Hmm... the tick didn't make it in this post. HA!!! I'll upload Turbo's video tonight. And Nola's video, she was ZOOMING around with her Easter lamb, it is tooooo funny!! Friday was SO much fun!!! We should do it again, but not at Tick Bite Park... maybe Candace's place.

Jess said...

Sounds like a nice long weekend!! Long weekends are always so nice. And, always nice to sleep in. Particularly when you're used to getting up at 6am!