Friday, May 8, 2009

WTF!

Okay, so I'm sitting at work looking forward to a nice weekend and am happy that it's finally Friday. Lu calls me to tell me that he has just left the office of the principal of his school. They were gracious enough to let him know that they have cut his program; for those who don't know he teaches Agricultural Education in high school. So this means he doesn't have a job for the coming school year! WTF! I hate politics! I hate that he has busted his ass for a year and a half to grow that program, he has used a lot of personal time and money to see it develop in to what it is; only to have them say sorry we're cutting the program. IT'S JUST NOT IMPORTANT FOR OUR KIDS TO LEARN ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT & PRESERVING IT!!!!! If it wasn't for the fact that the state of NC is severely overbudget (as alot of states are) then this wouldn't be happening.

It's a crock that 160 teaching positions are being cut for next year in this county alone. 160!!! We tout how education is so important for our youth but let's cut the education budget!!! Right now I hate this state! I hate it for letting an amazing teacher go who has tons of passion for educating our youth!

No comments: