Monday, May 11, 2009

The journey begins...

Last night before I went to sleep I was psyched and very motivated to go to the gym. However, I woke up at midnight, again around 1:00 and then again some other time during the night. Needless to say around 3:00 I set my alarm clock for one hour later because I was exhausted and didn't make it to the gym. I spent yesterday at the beach and got a little too much sun. I didn't sleep well because I was aware all night of how uncomfortable I was due to the burn. I'm not too burned but enough so that my bra strap is rubbing and it feels a little like sandpaper.

However, my good news is that a friend (more of an acquaintance) is gonna be my gym buddy and more good news is she already belongs to the gym I go to. She has struggled with her weight loss and through her determination and dedication she has lost some weight and looks great. So since I didn't go this morning I'll be meeting her there this evening.

I have the determination now and am willing to try everything, including the dreaded gym because a "friend", a term I am using loosely today; made me feel really bad about myself this past weekend. I don't think he did it intentionally and I'm pretty sure he didn't recognize he was doing it; but still it happened and it was a "wow" moment for me. So in the end if it has a positive effect on my health then I'll look at it as a good thing. I'm also tagging this as WTF, because honestly I can't believe my friend made me feel this way; unintentional or not.