Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tips for My Life...

These are tips I have picked up in my life; some I have heard from others, but here they have my own flair in them! Pick & choose which ones (if any) work for you.


1. Go to bed on time.
2. Get up on time so you can start your day unrushed.
3. Pray.
4. Simplify and unclutter your life.
5. Say no to projects that don't fit in to your schedule or ones that will compromise your mental health.
6. Allow extra time to get places and to get things done.
7. Delegate tasks to others.
8. Less IS more (many times one isn't enough, but often two is too many)
9. Take one day at a time.
10. Live within your budget, don't use credit for everyday purchases.
11. K.Y.M.S. (Keep Your Mouth Shut) This one tip can save you a lot of headache in the future.
12. Eat right.
13. Get organized so everything has its place.
14. Write down your thoughts and inspirations so you can recapture them on days when they're most needed.
15. Every day, find time to be alone.
16. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot.
17. Nip the small problems in the bud.
18. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all!
19. Develop a forgiving attitude (those around you are usually doing the best they can)
20. Laugh.
21. Laugh some more.
22. Park your ego.
23. Be kind to unkind people; I'm sure they need it more.
24. Talk less, listen more.
25. SLOW down.
26. Remind yourself you are not the general manager of the universe.
27. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is a simple, "help me."
28. Get enough rest. Questions about this? See #1.
29. Do something for the Kid in you everyday.
30. Lastly, every night before bed, think of one thing you are grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.

6 comments:

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

-Stop procrastinating!

That's mine.

Bagman and Butler said...

I've got a rule for when I'm still carrying around a resentment long after whatever happened to cause it -- "Don't have arguments with people who aren't there."

JyLnC said...

What a fantastic list. I'm sure life would be simpler if I followed all of them to the letter.

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

-Stop procrastinating!

That's mine.

Bagman and Butler said...

I've got a rule for when I'm still carrying around a resentment long after whatever happened to cause it -- "Don't have arguments with people who aren't there."

JyLnC said...

What a fantastic list. I'm sure life would be simpler if I followed all of them to the letter.